This is a very common condition, which usually comes in the menopausal stage. During this period, in fact, a reduction in the levels of estrogen and progesterone occurs.
WATCH VIDEO: What causes vaginal dryness
Likewise, there is a risk of suffering from vaginal dryness at other times in one’s life. This condition is also caused by bacterial or fungal infections, stress, diabetes, or the use of inappropriate hygiene products.
Symptoms of vaginal dryness
Although the absence of vaginal flow is often ignored at first, other symptoms almost always appear that lead to seeking treatment to reduce the problem.
- Burning sensation in the genital area.
- Irritation and itching.
- Pain during sexual intercourse.
- Increased need to urinate.
On this occasion, we share 7 interesting natural remedies to take into account to combat vaginal dryness and reduce its symptoms.
Chamomile-based rinses act as a natural sedative against this irregularity, caused by the decrease in estrogen during menopause.
The anti-inflammatory properties contained in it help reduce irritation and itching sensation.
- 2 handfuls of chamomile leaves and flowers
- 1 liter of water.
Boil a liter of water and, once boiling, add the chamomile leaves and flowers.
The antibacterial properties of turmeric make this spice an excellent ally to recover vaginal flow. This remedy is especially valid as dryness is caused by a viral infection.
Its regular consumption in the diet is a way to prevent this alteration, but it is also possible to prepare a natural remedy.
- Turmeric extract
- Mix the turmeric extract with the milk, until you get a paste.
- Apply it in the vaginal area and let it act for a few minutes before rinsing with plenty of water.
3. Aloe vera
The gel contained in the aloe vera plant is an excellent humectant to combat dryness and restore the natural pH of the vagina.
To enhance its effects, it is good to mix it with a little milk, which provides the lactic acid necessary to regulate the bacterial flora.
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon of liquid milk (10 ml)
- Prepare a mixture of aloe vera gel with milk and apply it to the affected area.
- Repeat the treatment every day for excellent results.
The infusion of this plant is famous for its sedating properties, which can reduce stress and other negative emotions that affect the physical state of the person. And it is precisely for this reason that it can serve as a support in the fight against this ailment.
- 2 teaspoons of valerian (10 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Boil a cup of water, add the valerian and, after two minutes, remove it from the heat.
- Let the infusion rest and drink it before going to sleep.
5. Calendula and mallow
The antibacterial properties of calendula help fight the infections that give rise to this condition.
Mallow complements this remedy, making it a natural lubricant to reduce the annoying symptoms of vaginal dryness.
- 100 grams of calendula
- 100 grams of mallow
- 5 liters of water
- Soak the two plants in five liters of water for at least 12 hours.
- Drain the liquid and heat it to rinse.
6. Sesame oil
It works as a completely safe natural lubricant and suitable for regulating the humidity of the vaginal area.
- 6 drops of sesame oil
- 1 cotton ball
- Moisten the cotton with sesame oil and then apply it to the affected area with a light massage.
- Repeat for a week straight.
7. Tea tree oil
In some cases, the bacteria can develop this alteration and also generate a bad smell. To combat this condition, tea tree oil can be one of the best solutions.
This essential oil has an antibacterial action that fights infections and reduces their symptoms. Furthermore, being a natural humectant, it can be very useful in keeping the area well lubricated.
However, it is important to use it in moderation and not apply it inside the vagina, as it can be aggressive.
How to use
Apply 3 drops of tea tree oil in underwear or with a cotton swab in areas outside the vagina.